West Coast Lighthouses
Buy and Download >
Lighthouses of the West Coast, is a breathtaking tour of lighthouses from San Diego to Seattle;with spectacular live footage shot on location and interviews with experts filmed especially for this program. The lore and attraction of these sentinels of the sea is explored and their secrets revealed. Highlights of this 60 minute documentary include:
- The Point Loma Lighthouse, one of the oldest and most picturesque lighthouses on the Pacific.
- Point Fermin Lighthouse, the first woman lighthouse keeper on the West coast, Mary Smith, made this Victorian style lighthouse her home.
- Off of the Big Sur Coast, the location for the Point Sur Lighthouse is so remote and difficult to get to that its beauty and uniqueness has been seldom seen.
- East Brother Light Station sits on the North end of San Francisco Bay. Restored, this Light now doubles as a bed and breakfast, where some of the guests tell stories of the old lighthouse being haunted.
- The Crescent City Lighthouse is the site for some fascinating stories that include old ship''s Captains, Ghosts and a Tsunami.
- Heceta Head Lighthouse, in Oregon is famous as an aid to ships, as a historical landmark and as one of the most haunted edifices in the United States.
- On a rock island in the Pacific Ocean, perhaps the most remote of Lighthouses, Tillamook Rock Lighthouse saved lives during its time of service. After it was taken out of service, it became an even more unusual symbol of life after death.
- Where the Columbia River meets the Pacific Ocean sits beautiful Cape Disappointment Light Station.
- The Lights of Elliot Bay, often called Seattle''s welcome lights are the jewels of Washington. They are also time capsules from a bygone century.
This one hour program with rare photos, breathtaking film of remote locations and interviews with maritime experts takes you to some of the most interesting, beautiful and sometimes spooky lighthouses on the Pacific coastline.