Great Cruises The Spirit in Alaska North to Alaska
Buy and Download >
On this episode of GREAT CRUISES we sail the Inside Passage to Alaska.We start in Vancouver, Canada, and visit Ketchikan, Juneau, Skagway, Valdez and Seward.We''re cruising on one of the "Fun Ships" of Carnival, The " SPIRIT." We''ll enjoy many of the shore excursions, including a breathtaking helicopter ride to one of the largest glaciers in the world;river rafting;a train ride up the old Klondike Trail of 1898;whale watching;and even try our hand at sport fishing.All of this and more, as we experience Alaska on GREAT CRUISES.
We begin our journey in Vancouver, British Columbia, one of the most vibrant and cosmopolitan cities in the world.With mountain vistas nearby, lush parklands, and crystal clear bays, it''s easy to see why its spectacular downtown skyline seems so extraordinarily beautiful! Our first port of call is Ketchikan a delightful little community nestled in amongst the mountains of Alaska.
Along the way -
- Visit Ketchikan
- Board a specially constructed high-speed catamaran to participate in another Alaskan tradition - whale watching at Auke (aye-uke) Bay .
- Spend a day at sea, working our way up the Alaskan panhandle, where our next port of call is the charming little town of Skagway
- Explore Valdez, also known as the "Little Switzerland" of Alaska.
- Go rafting on the Lowe River.
- Explore the wilderness in a helicopter, fly up Keystone Canyon.
- Leisurely explore magnificent Prince William Sound and College Fjord as the Spirit inches her way past ancient glaciers and newly calved icebergs.
On every fun ship there''s plenty to do and the Spirit is no exception.Whenthe ship is out at sea the casino is in full swing.You can dance the night away in many of the lounges or in the disco.If you''ve had a bit too much to eat, or are worried about your waistline, then spend a little time in the Nautica Spa.And you can shop till you drop for souvenirs for friends back home or perhaps a special gift just for you.