Exploring Horizons A Festive Land - Viana Do Castelo Portugal
Buy and Download >
The medieval city of Viana do Castelo lies in the Minho region on the northeastern coast of Portugal. This ancient land is the birthplace of the country, and history resonates through every picturesque place. Here the country’s colourful folklore comes to life in costume, music and festivities, and time-honored tradition transcends generations. In this show, perspectives take us from an open cockpit gyrocopter flight, swooping high above the rolling green countryside, to the flower lined streets of Ponte de Lima, where crowds of enthusiastic locals celebrate the centuries-old tradition of Vaca das Cordas, and invite all to join in.
- Join the all night party on the flower lined streets of Ponte de Lima
- Buckle up for a wild gyrocopter flight over Northern Portugal
- Mingle with the adrenaline charged crowd at Vaca das Cordas
- Freestyle with the urban daredevils of “Stress Off”
- Swing your partner in Viana do Castelo’s main square
- Catch a bird’s eye view from the open cockpit of the Trike
From the aerial view to the human perspective, Exploring Horizons
travels off the beaten path to the remote corners of the world and finds those places where civilization moved in without taking over. Three stunning seasons cover a cross section of culture, adventure and amazing places that make up our global village.
Shot in North America, Central America, South America, Europe and North Africa.