DNP-830-Topic 1 Examining Methodology and Design The DNP must have a basic knowledge of quantitative
Buy and Download >
DNP-830-Topic 1 Examining Methodology and Design
The DNP must have a basic knowledge of quantitative methodology and design as it contrasts with qualitative and mixed methods. With this knowledge, the DNP can differentiate between methods and designs used in the evaluation of the evidence. This assignment includes a comparison of methodology and design while examining the external and internal validity of three projects or studies.
Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment:
- Before beginning this assignment, review the following three articles provided as topic materials: (1) A Mental Health Home Visit Service Partnership Intervention on Improving Patients' Satisfaction; (2) Chronic Drug Treatment Among Hemodialysis Patients: A Qualitative Study of Patients, Nursing, and Medical Staff Attitudes and Approaches; (3) Factors Influencing Hand Hygiene Practice of Nursing Students: A Descriptive, Mixed-Methods Study.
- Refer to the "Comparison Table of Methods and Designs," located in the DNP 830 folder of the DC Network Practice Immersion workspace.
- Doctoral learners are required to use APA style for their writing assignments. The APA Style Guide is located in the Student Success Center.
- This assignment uses a rubric. Review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
- You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. Refer to the LopesWrite Technical Support articles for assistance.
Write a 1,000-1,250 word scholarly paper comparing the methods and designs of the three articles. Include the following in your paper:
- Discussion of the characteristics associated with the method and design of each article.
- Discussion of the reliability and validity issues associated with each methodology and design.
- Summary of how the methods and designs compare to each other.
- Comparison table of methods and designs, using correct APA format. Provide the table as an Appendix to the paper.
Practice immersion assignments are based on your current course objectives and is application-based learning using your real-world practice setting. These assignments earn practice immersion hours and are indicated in the syllabus by a Portfolio Practice Hours statement, which reminds you, the learner, to enter in a corresponding case log in Typhon. Actual practice immersion hours are entered, but the average hours associated with each practice immersion assignment is 10.
You are required to complete your assignment using a real-world application. The real-world application requires the use of evidence-based data, contemporary theories, and concepts presented in the course. The culmination of your assignment must present a viable application in a current practice setting. For more information on parameters for practice immersion hours, please refer to DNP resources in the DC Network.
To earn portfolio practice hours, enter the following after the references section of your paper:
Practice Hours Completion Statement DNP-830
I, (INSERT NAME), verify that I have completed (NUMBER OF) practice immersion hours in association with the goals and objectives for this assignment. I have also tracked said practice immersion hours in the Typhon Student Tracking System for verification purposes and will be sure that all approvals are in place from my faculty and practice mentor.