Teaching Breathworks Mindfulness on a 1-2-1 basis
Buy and Download >
This CPD session is an exploration of ways of teaching the Breathworks approach to mindfulness on a one-to-one basis. While most of us mindfulness trainers have had thorough training on how to teach mindfulness to groups, teaching mindfulness to individuals requires a range of different approaches. These include greater flexibility, finely tuned listening and enquiry, and the ability to adapt the material of the 8 week courses to be relevant and meaningful to an individual’s particular circumstances.
What participants will gain:
- Points to consider before accepting someone as a mindfulness client.
- What are the types of people who may be especially interested in one-to-one mindfulness, and/or would especially benefit from it?
- A consideration of the differences between teaching mindfulness to a group and to an individual.
- A consideration of tailoring the content to particular individuals – exploring the balance between following the course schedule and adapting the content and time-scales to be of benefit for particular individuals.
- An exploration of the differences and overlaps between one-to-one mindfulness and therapy.
- What aspects of mindfulness and compassion practice are especially relevant to/useful for the trainer while undertaking this work?
- The participants will be given a number of case studies through which to explore some of the elements above.