EDU 330 Topic 7 Assignment - Social Injustice and Cultural Identifiers Research Paper
Buy and Download >
For this assignment, you will submit the final version of your 750-1,000 word research paper on a controversial topic involving a cultural identifier and the implications for K-12 public education. Be sure to consider the feedback provided by your peers and your faculty member on the rough draft you submitted in Topic 4.
Using a minimum of three scholarly journal articles from the last 3 years complete your paper so that it addresses the following:
- Describes the cultural identifiers discussed in the articles.
- Summarizes the historical background of the cultural identifiers and associated controversial topic in K-12 education.
- Identifies 2-3 arguments presented for and 2-3 arguments against the issue.
- Discusses associated injustices arising from the issue, including how teachers and students are affected by the cultural identifiers and associated controversial topic
- Explains solutions you recommend implementing to remedy the associated injustices, and why you selected them.
- Concludes by identifying where you fall on the cultural competence continuum in relation to the issue, including your commitment to understanding others’ frames of reference (e.g., culture, gender, language, abilities, ways of knowing), in order to reduce personal biases and improve relationships with colleagues, students, and students’ families.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite.