EDU 330 Topic 4 CLC Assignment - Feedback on Final Assignment Rough Draft
Buy and Download >
This is a Collaborative Learning Community assignment.
Complete a 750-1,000 word rough draft of your research paper on a controversial topic involving a cultural identifier and the implications for K-12 public education.The final version will be submitted in Topic 7.
Using a minimum of three scholarly journal articles from the last three years complete your paper so that it addresses the following:
- Describes the cultural identifiers discussed in the articles.
- Summarizes the historical background of the cultural identifiers and associated controversial topic in K-12 education.
- Identifies 2-3 arguments presented for and 2-3 arguments against the issue.
- Discusses associated injustices arising from the issue, including how teachers and students are affected by the cultural identifiers and associated controversial topic
- Explains solutions you recommend implementing to remedy the associated injustices, and why you selected them.
- Concludes by identifying where you fall on the cultural competence continuum in relation to the issue, including your commitment to understanding others’ frames of reference (e.g., culture, gender, language, abilities, ways of knowing), in order to reduce personal biases and improve relationships with colleagues, students, and students’ families.
Share your rough draft with your CLC. In your CLC, review each paper and provide feedback. Your feedback should include at least two things that are done well, and three areas that need improving. Use the feedback you receive as preparation for and revision of your final assignment.
Submit your rough draft with the peer feedback to your instructor.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite.