ENG121 Week 3 - Assignment Critical Response Essay – Rough Draft
Buy and Download >
ENG121 Week 3 - Assignment
Critical Response Essay – Rough Draft
[WLOs: 4, 5] [CLOs: 1, 2, 3, 4]
ENG121 Week 3 Rough Draft Video (Links to an external site.), For a transcript of this video, please click here.
Prior to beginning work on this assignment, read Chapters 4 and 5 of Essentials of College Writing. You will be using the techniques described in these chapters when writing your draft. View the ENG121 Week 3 Assignment: Rough Draft (Links to an external site.) video for more details on this assignment. Review the Sample Essay Rough Draft document as well as your prewriting from the discussion forums the past three weeks. Lastly, visit the following web pages: Grammar & Punctuation (Links to an external site.), Introduction to APA (Links to an external site.), Quoting, Paraphrasing, & Summarizing (Links to an external site.), Understanding Your Assignment (Links to an external site.), Writing a Paper (Links to an external site.), and Writing a Thesis Statement (Links to an external site.) from the Ashford Writing Center.
For this assignment, you will be writing a response to the essay you selected for your Week 2 Outline. The purpose of a draft is to give your instructor a good sense of your organizational writing skills so they can examine your use of the strategies of basic argumentation and critical response and provide you with feedback you can incorporate in your Final Essay.
In your paper,
- Expand upon your prewriting from the discussion forums (if applicable) by providing specific details about the essay you selected and the topic that it explores.
- Show the steps of the writing process by developing the Week 2 Outline into a workable rough draft.
- Compose a clear argument in response to the selected essay. Support your response with examples and at least one quote and one paraphrase (a total of two citations) from the essay you selected.
- State specific details about the reading you selected, the topic that it explores, and your critical response to that topic.
- Utilize appropriate academic writing tone, style, and citation format as well as correct grammar, spelling, and sentence mechanics.
- Organize the essay with an introduction, a thesis, support paragraphs, and a conclusion.
The Critical Response Essay – Rough Draft