PUB-550 Week 2 Practicing Application of Descriptive Statistics in Excel and SPSS
Buy and Download >
The purpose of this assignment is to compare basic functions in Excel and SPSS to calculate descriptive statistics and use this information to describe the sample.
For this assignment, students will utilize Excel with the Data Analysis ToolPak and SPSS Statistics and the "Example Dataset" to complete the assignment. Refer to the Topic Materials for assistance with enabling the Data Analysis ToolPak on a Mac or PC.
Complete the following steps in both Excel and IBM SPSS Statistics.
- Calculate mean, median, and mode for the variables "Annual Income" and "Age." Show the appropriate summary tables for these measures from both Excel and SPSS. Include the other descriptive statistics that are a part of the summary output in Excel and SPSS.
- Create histograms to show the distribution for "Annual Income" and "Age." Copy and paste the histograms from Excel and export the histogram from SPSS into the Word document for this assignment.
- Create frequency tables that include counts and percentages for smoking status, employment status, exercise level, and education level. Show the tables in the Word document for this assignment.
Based upon the Part 1 activities, write a 250-500 word interpretation that addresses the following.
- Discuss the sampling strategy used in this study and if it resulted in a representative sample.
- Discuss what you are able to ascertain about the sample from the descriptive statistics.
- Explain what other variables the research team could have included to gain a better understanding of the population.
Submit one Word document for the Part 1 assignment content and a second Word document for Part 2 of the assignment.
APA style is not required, but solid academic writing is expected.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are not required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite.