Overview of Methods in Business Research Assignment Overview In this assignment we will evaluate...
Buy and Download >
Overview of Methods in Business Research
In this assignment we will evaluate qualitative research methods in more depth. In the previous case assignment, you were expected to compare and contrast qualitative and quantitative methodologies, as well as mixed method. In this Case Assignment, you will evaluate in more detail the purpose, distinctive features, advantages, and disadvantages of two out of the four qualitative research methods in business research and sample populations described in the Module Overview.
After reading the required background material and finding at least two other resources on your own, write a 5- to 7-page paper discussing the topic:
Qualitative Research Methods and Data Collection Techniques
In your paper, you should answer the following questions using your own evaluation and critical thinking.
- Explain the purpose, features, advantages, disadvantages, sample populations, and examples in business research of TWO of the four qualitative research methods used in business research.
- Explain TWO data collection techniques of your choice. Examples of data collection techniques or source of evidence are interviews, participant observation and fieldwork, direct observations, using documents or archival records.
- If you were to conduct research, which qualitative research method and which data collection technique would you prefer to use and why?
Length: The written component of this assignment should be 5-7 pages long (double-spaced) without counting the cover page and reference page.
Organization: Subheadings should be used to organize your paper according to the questions.
Grammar and Spelling: While no points are deducted for minor errors, assignments are expected to adhere to standard guidelines of grammar, spelling, punctuation, and sentence syntax. Points may be deducted if grammar and spelling impact clarity. We encourage you to use tools such as grammarly.com and proofread your paper before submission.
As you complete your assignment, make sure you do the following:
- Answer the assignment questions directly.
- Stay focused on the precise assignment questions. Do not go off on tangents or devote a lot of space to summarizing general background materials.
- Use evidence from your readings to justify your conclusions.
- Be sure to cite at least five credible resources.
- Make sure to reference your sources of information with both a bibliography and in-text citations. See the Student Guide to Writing a High-Quality Academic Paper, including pages 11-14 on in-text citations. Another resource is the “Writing Style Guide,” which is found under “My Resources” in the TLC Portal.
Your assignment will be graded using the following criteria:
- Assignment-driven Criteria: Student demonstrates mastery covering all key elements of the assignment.
- Critical Thinking/ Application to Professional Practice: Student demonstrates mastery conceptualizing the problem, and analyzing information. Conclusions are logically presented and applied to professional practice in an exceptional manner.
- Business Writing and Quality of References: Student demonstrates mastery and proficiency in written communication and use of appropriate and relevant literature at the doctoral level.
- Citing Sources: Student demonstrates mastery applying APA formatting standards to both in text citations and the reference list.