Overview of Theory in Business Research Case Assignment After reading the required background...
Buy and Download >
Overview of Theory in Business Research
After reading the required background material and finding at least two other resources on your own, write a 5- to 7-page paper discussing the topic:
Qualitative vs. Quantitative Research
In your paper, you should answer the following questions using your own evaluation and critical thinking.
- Compare and contrast qualitative and quantitative research in business research.
- Discuss three examples of quantitative data sets used in business research.
- Evaluate three examples of quantitative data collection tools and data analysis tools used in business research.
- Evaluate three examples of qualitative data collection tools and data analysis tools used in business research.
- Explain the pros and cons of mixed methods.
- Discuss in more detail the characteristics of qualitative research.
Length: The written component of this assignment should be 5-7 pages long (double-spaced) without counting the cover page and reference page.
Organization: Subheadings should be used to organize your paper according to the questions.
Grammar and Spelling: While no points are deducted for minor errors, assignments are expected to adhere to standard guidelines of grammar, spelling, punctuation, and sentence syntax. Points may be deducted if grammar and spelling impact clarity. We encourage you to use tools such as grammarly.com and proofread your paper before submission.
As you complete your assignment, make sure you do the following:
- Answer the assignment questions directly.
- Stay focused on the precise assignment questions. Do not go off on tangents or devote a lot of space to summarizing general background materials.
- Use evidence from your readings to justify your conclusions.
- Be sure to cite at least five credible resources.
- Make sure to reference your sources of information with both a bibliography and in-text citations. See the Student Guide to Writing a High-Quality Academic Paper, including pages 11-14 on in-text citations. Another resource is the “Writing Style Guide,” which is found under “My Resources” in the TLC Portal.
Your assignment will be graded using the following criteria:
- Assignment-driven Criteria: Student demonstrates mastery covering all key elements of the assignment.
- Critical Thinking/ Application to Professional Practice: Student demonstrates mastery conceptualizing the problem, and analyzing information. Conclusions are logically presented and applied to professional practice in an exceptional manner.
- Business Writing and Quality of References: Student demonstrates mastery and proficiency in written communication and use of appropriate and relevant literature at the doctoral level.
- Citing Sources: Student demonstrates mastery applying APA formatting standards to both in text citations and the reference list.
- Professionalism and Timeliness: Assignments are submitted on time.