DNP 840 Topic 5 Political Activism
Buy and Download >
Many careers are influenced by government regulations. Health care is one of those careers, similar to education, where the workers are hesitant to be involved in the political process. If we are to advance the cause of quality patient care it becomes imminent that doctorally prepared advanced practice nurses get involved in the political process.
This assignment will prepare you to determine what policy you may want to be involved in changing by creating an objective policy brief. A policy brief is a concise summary of a particular issue, the policy options to deal with it, and some recommendations on the best option. This assignment will be two parts.
Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment:
- Doctoral learners are required to use APA style for their writing assignments. The APA Style Guide is located in the Student Success Center.
- This assignment requires that at least two additional scholarly research sources related to this topic, and at least one in-text citation from each source be included.
- This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
- You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. Refer to the LopesWrite Technical Support articles for assistance.
Write a policy brief regarding an issue relevant to health policy of 1,000-1,250 words. Include the following:
- Executive summary
- Approaches and results
- Implications and recommendations
- Graphics and tables may be included as appropriate
- Locate the contact information for a state, local, or federal official for your area.
- Locate information regarding the official's stance on the issue you discuss in your policy brief.
- Send the official a letter or e-mail that explains your position and offers suggestions on how the official should move forward with the agenda from your policy brief. Include the brief as an attachment.
Portfolio Practice Hours:
Practice immersion assignments are based on your current course objectives and is application based learning using your real-world practice setting. These assignments earn practice immersion hours and are indicated in the syllabus by a Portfolio Practice Hours statement, which reminds you, the learner, to enter in a corresponding case log in Typhon. Actual clock hours are entered, but the average hours associated with each practice immersion assignment is 10.
You are required to complete your assignment using real-world application. Real-world application requires the use of evidence-based data, contemporary theories, and concepts presented in the course. The culmination of your assignment must present a viable application in a current practice setting. For more information on parameters for practice immersion hours, please refer to DNP resources in the DC Network.