EMM-306 Week 6 Protection and Security Assessment Essay-Rough Draft
Buy and Download >
In this Writing Intensive course, you will complete an essay assignment in sections throughout the course. You will submit these sections for feedback from the instructor. You will use this feedback to revise your essay and prepare the final draft due in Topic 8.
You have been working on this assignment throughout the course. You are ready to begin writing the Rough Draft of the essay.
Now that you have used instructor feedback to revise your outline, thesis statement, and literature review, you are ready to write the Rough Draft of your essay to turn in for instructor feedback.
Access and view the “Rough Draft” section of the “Essay Writing for Emergency Management” media piece to assist you in completing the assignment.
Use the recent act of terrorism or a manmade or natural disaster that you selected in Topic 1.
These are the prompts that must be addressed in your final essay (1,000-1,500 words):
- Describe the selected incident.
- Explain ways the incident you selected affected communities and the environment.
- Explain which of the Protection Core Capabilities were used by emergency managers to address the incident:
- Public Information and Warning
- Operational Coordination
- Access Control and Identity Verification
- Intelligence and Information Sharing
- Interdiction and Disruption
- Physical Protective Measures
- Risk Management for Protection Programs and Activities
- Screening, Search, and Detection
- Supply Chain Integrity and Security
- Of the Protection Core Capabilities you explained, how effectively were they implemented before/during/after the selected incident to address the issues that affected communities and the environment?
- Download the APA Template (without abstract) and complete the essay rough draft, using the outline, instructor feedback, and your research to guide you in connecting ideas to the points in your thesis statement.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. Refer to the LopesWrite Technical Support articles for assistance.