Best Steam Irons
Buy and Download >
Dirt and burm marks are not the only stuff which can effect the overall performance of your steam iron. Limescale can cause insufficient heat distribution as it builts up around the steam holes and can later on block them. Follow these simple steps to keep your iron in top performance each time you are about to start your ironing choirs.
1. Firts you need to unlug your steam iron from the wall socket.
2. Make sure the water tank is empty and the soleplate has cooled off completely.
3. Use vinegar or a mixture of diluted vinegar and water. Top up the water tank up to 3 qauters full.
4. Place you steam iron in a vertical position on top of an old cloth and llow it to steam.
5. For best performance use the medium steam setting and allow it to steam until the water tank is completely dry.
6. This method will remove any stiff traces of vinegar and dirt from the steam holes.
7. Clean the leftover limescale with a cotton swap which has been dipped into a mixture of vinegar and water.
8. Top up the water tank with water and allow it to steam for 5 minutes.
9. When the soleplate has cooled down your steam iron's soleplate should be free from dirt and limescale.
This is a simple but effective way to clean your iron's soleplate and maintaining proper heat distribution while expanding the lifespan of your iron.