You have been asked to prepare an executive summary for the governor of your state….
Buy and Download >
The topic of this paper is Identity Theft
You have been asked to prepare an executive summary for the governor of your state on the topic you investigated in Parts 2 and 3 of the Applied Final Project. Your job is to highlight the importance of your chosen topic by stating why the issue warrants public attention. Be sure to identify the scope and scale of who is impacted by your topic and then support your summary with the research you have done.
Finally, take a position on what you would like to see done at the public policy level to address any gaps or shortcomings that are raised by your topic.
What is an Executive Summary?
An executive summary is a 1-2 page document that succinctly highlights key points and uses these points to make recommendations to one or more stakeholders. An executive summary is usually part of a more detailed report that allows policy makers at all levels to make informed decisions without having to read the entire report.
A good executive summary contains a great deal of information in just one or two pages and is concisely and efficiently written so that the reader feels that he/she has a firm grasp of the key issues after having read the summary. The writer must be convincing and definitive in his/her recommendations.
- One to two single-spaced pages. Page length does not include the reference list. All references should appear on a separate page at the end of the paper using APA format;
- The document should have one-inch margins on all sides as well as page numbers;
- The document should be submitted as an MS Word file;
- Although executive summaries do not usually include citations (because they are contained in the larger report), for this assignment you are expected to include in-text citations and a reference list at the end of your report. In-text citations and references should follow APA format;
- Writing should be clear, concise, and professional. Avoid jargon and slang;
- PROOFREAD YOUR WORK prior to submission.
A site that will be useful to you as your write your Executive Summary is: