Feeling Literary, If so, you may choose one of the following (to be written in the form of an...
Buy and Download >
- Feeling Literary?
- If so, you may choose one of the following (to be written in the form of an analytical, or compare/contrast essay. Papers must be submitted through Turnitin.
- Papers should be 2-3 pages, and should follow all MLA guidelines, including a works cited page and in text citations.
- You must use published poets, and they cannot be poems I have already provided. This means, they must be published in a book, journal, magazine, or newspaper. Anyone can post poems on the Internet; this does not make them a published poet.
- Papers are due August 10th by 11:59pm.
- Click on the turnitin link below this assignment to upload your document.
ChooseOneof the following:
a) Pick two poems with similar themes and compare the two poems using the elements.
b) Pick two poems written by the same author and compare the similarities and differences using the elements.
c) Pick two poems written in the same time period and use the elements to compare the similarities and differences.
Write well-developed thesis-driven argument and analysis papers, some of which incorporate research.
- Frame research questions; plan research strategies; find and evaluate sources using the BMCC Library and the BMCC Library Website, and present results of research.
- Define and apply literary terms to analyses of texts within three major genres of literature.
- Correctly use the conventions of MLA documentation and citation, including a “Works Cited” page.