SWOT Analysis Prior to completing this assignment, review your prior research on the company you...
Buy and Download >
Prior to completing this assignment, review your prior research on the company you selected for research in this Week’s Environmental Scanning interactive assignment. Also watch the video How to Perform a SWOT Analysis(2016). In approximately 250 words,
- Describe the company’s history, products, and major competitors by accessing the Mergent Ashford University Library online database which offers company financials, descriptions, history, property, subsidiaries, officers and directors and by accessing the Business Insights database. (View the Mergent tipsheet and Business Insights tipsheet documents for suggested methods of searching Ashford University Library databases generally as well as specific advice for searching these two databases).
- Assess the financial performance and condition of the organization.
Next, conduct a SWOT analysis using this template. Detail the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats that may affect the organization. Copy and paste the completed table from the template into your SWOT analysis paper.
In the evaluation portion of your paper of your SWOT analysis:
- Describe the specific areas that indicate a need for change.
- Determine what changed objectives, or newly implemented interventions, are required to improve the company’s position within its market.
- Assess the trending performance of the company and provide recommendations for improvement.
(NOTE: Incorporate the feedback you receive from your instructor and save your work. It will be part of your Strategic Plan Final Project for this course).
The SWOT Analysis paper
- Must be from five or more double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of SWOT Analysis
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must use at least two scholarly and/or credible sources in addition to the course text.
- The Scholarly, Peer Reviewed, and Other Credible Sourcestable offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
- Must document all sources in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.