Assignment Description In this assignment, you will analyze the eligibility criteria of an...
Buy and Download >
In this assignment, you will analyze the eligibility criteria of an entitlement program, evaluate the impact of these criteria, and consider how potential changes might serve social well-being.
For this assignment, complete the following:
- Explain an entitlement program and analyze its eligibility criteria.
- Using the list from Chambers and Bonk, explain the potential problems the specific eligibility criteria might introduce and confirm if any of these problems applies to the program that you have identified. These potential problems include:
- Off-targeting of benefits.
- Overwhelming costs.
- Overutilization and underutilization.
- Political interference.
- Negative incentives and disincentives.
- Analyze any alterations in the eligibility criteria that could potentially reduce or eliminate the identified problems.
- Explain how and why potential policy changes would advance social well-being.
- Discuss how the potential policy change would advocate for human rights and social and economic justice.
Chambers, D. E., & Bonk, J. F. (2013). Social policy and social programs: A method for the practical public policy analyst (6th ed.). Boston, MA: Pearson.
The assignment you submit is expected to meet the following requirements:
- Written communication: Written communication is free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- APA formatting: Resources and citations are formatted according to current APA style and formatting standards.
- Length of paper: 3 double-spaced pages.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.