The assignment requires that you identify two research questions from a database of your choice...
Buy and Download >
The assignment requires that you identify two research questions from a database of your choice in order to run any two of the following four different statistical tests:
· T-test (one-sample, paired sample, or independent samples)
You can use any of the databases we worked with in class – as long as you are posing a research question that we did notdo in class – or you can find your own.
Lloyd Sealy has a link to good database resources under Statistics and Datasets:http://guides.lib.jjay.cuny.edu/sb.php?subject_id=58291
This ICSPR databank is also a good source of data:https://www.icpsr.umich.edu/icpsrweb/landing.jsp
For each of the two tests, you will need to look through the data, identify a research question and variables appropriate for the test you are conducting, then run and interpret the test.
- by filling in the document below for each of your two tests, including identifying your test-value (t-value, z-score, f-ratio, chi-square value, etc.) and determine whether the value is significant (i.e. lower than our alpha p
**Submit this document below for each of your two research questions**
- Research Question: What is your research question?
- Independent variable: ___________________
- Level of measurement: ____________________________________________
- Dependent variable: _______________________________________________
- Level of measurement: _____________________________________________
- Appropriate statistical test: ___________________________________________
- Why? ________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
- Null hypothesis: _______________________________________________________
- Alternative hypothesis: __________________________________________________
- Copy and paste the output below:
- Identify the test value (e.g. t-value, f-ratio, chi-square value) and the significance level: ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
- Based on this value is there a relationship between the variables (chi-square) or significant differences between groups (t-tests)? What conclusion can you make about the null hypothesis (reject/accept)? ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
- Run any necessary Post-hoc tests (if appropriate) and copy and paste the output below:
Interpret your Post-hoc test (if necessary- i.e. which groups are significantly different, or how strong is the association between the variables?).