The use of evidenced based psychotherapeutic practices is considered a best practice by most...
Buy and Download >
The use of evidenced based psychotherapeutic practices is considered a best practice by most mental health providers. Treatments that are not evidenced based are often not funded by HMOs and insurance companies. The requirement for the mental health provider to use such evidenced-based practices helps to ensure that the patient is receiving treatment that has been shown effective for their identified mental health issue(s).
Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment:
- Instructors will be using a grading rubric to grade the assignments. It is recommended that learners review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment in order to become familiar with the assignment criteria and expectations for successful completion of the assignment.
- Doctoral learners are required to use APA style for their writing assignments. The APA Style Guide is located in the Student Success Center.
- This assignment requires that at least two additional scholarly research sources related to this topic, and at least one in-text citation from each source be included.
Write a 1,000-1,250-word paper that discusses the use of evidence-based practices in the individual and group setting. Also, suggest how the leader ensures that best practices are being implemented within the treatment for all patients. Do the following in your paper:
- Identify one (1) evidenced-based therapeutic practice commonly used in psychology for the treatment of an individual.
- Identify one (1) evidenced-based therapeutic practice commonly used for groups.
- Identify which treatments are most effective for an individual and most effective for a group.
- Identify the strengths and weaknesses of of the therapy style discussed.
- Identify the role of the mental health leader in ensuring that best practices are being implementedin an effort to improve patient care.