Details - There are several methods utilized in the treatment of mental health-related issues.... Details: There are several methods utilized in the treatment of mental health-related issues. CBT, D...
Buy and Download >
There are several methods utilized in the treatment of mental health-related issues. CBT, DBT, PE, CPT, Behavior therapy, reality therapy, and REBT are just a few of those common therapies. It is not uncommon for patients to also consider alternative treatment methods such as acupuncture, hypnosis, religious/spiritual counseling, ECT, pharmacology, cultural healer/medicine man etc. For this paper, you will discuss various types of treatment approaches, both psychotherapeutic and alternative therapeutic practices, as well as the role of the mental health leader in supporting the patient during their treatment process.
Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment:
- Instructors will be using a grading rubric to grade the assignments. It is recommended that learners review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment in order to become familiar with the assignment criteria and expectations for successful completion of the assignment.
- Doctoral learners are required to use APA style for their writing assignments. The APA Style Guide is located in the Student Success Center.
- This assignment requires that at least two additional scholarly research sources related to this topic, and at least one in-text citation from each source be included.
Write a 1,000-1,250-word paper discussing the various types of treatment approaches, both psychotherapeutic and alternative therapeutic methods, as well as the role of the mental health leader in supporting the patient during their treatment process. Include the following fictitious scenario elements in your paper:
- Identify one psychotherapy treatment.
- Identify one non-traditional or alternative treatment approach.
- Compare the application of these treatments in working with at least two of the following: a client with anxiety, depression, personality disorder, or PTSD.
- Consider what the role of the mental health leader would be when working with a client that expressed interest in including an alternative treatment method as part of the overall treatment plan.
Argue for the acceptance of a psychopharmacology approach for some disorders.