The literary canon is a collection of written works. In literature, there are elements such…
Buy and Download >
Primary Task Response: Within the Discussion Board area, write 300–500 words that respond to the following questions with your thoughts, ideas, and comments. This will be the foundation for future discussions by your classmates. Be substantive and clear, and use examples to reinforce your ideas.
The literary canon is a collection of written works. In literature, there are elements such as setting, characters, themes, and key messages that are common across genres.
Select and answer 2 of the following:
- What is the historical and cultural significance of literature?
- Why do you think literature is important?
- Describe your understanding of the main genres of literature.
- How do the main genres of literature differ from one another?
- How are the main genres of literature similar?
- What are common literary themes?
- Some genres allow the author to approach a theme indirectly, while other genres are more direct. How are themes expressed across the genres?