As your final task (Final Project), you will choose a topic in health care (e.g. cardiovascular issues…..
Buy and Download >
Primary Task Response:Within the Discussion Board area, write 400–600 words that respond to the following questions with your thoughts, ideas, and comments. This will be the foundation for future discussions by your classmates. Be substantive and clear, and use examples to reinforce your ideas:
Note: This analysis in this phase will help define the Final Project for this course.
As your final task (Final Project), you will choose a topic in health care (e.g. cardiovascular issues, obesity, or cancer) and analyze it. Then, integrate all of the steps and standards that are needed to meet the quality improvement and performance regulations that are accredited by such organizations as The Joint Commission (TJC) and the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA). Therefore, your efforts in this matter should be thorough.
At the request of the compliance manager, your department has been recommended for an internal audit. A quick review of your procedures shows deficiencies in your department's way of collecting data. In an effort to get ready for the upcoming audit, you need to become familiar with the steps that are involved in preparing for an audit. Choose from the following 2 subjects, and then address all of requirements listed under it:
- Explain the benefit of credentialing and recredentialing to an organization.
- Define and provide at least 3 standards that are needed to meet the accreditation level for your organization.
- Research and explain the purpose and importance of the managed care organization or nongovernmental agency, and explain the importance of maintaining such information.
Wellness and Health Promotion (WHP)
- Explain the benefit of wellness and health promotion standards in an organization.
- Define and provide the standards that are needed to meet the accreditation level for your organization.
Research and explain the purpose and importance of the managed care organization or nongovernmental agency, and explain the importance of maintaining such information.