With the move toward a common set of global accounting standards, the International Accounting Standards Board (IASB)….
Buy and Download >
Primary Task Response:Within the Discussion Board area, write 400–600 words that respond to the following questions with your thoughts, ideas, and comments. This will be the foundation for future discussions by your classmates. Be substantive and clear, and use examples to reinforce your ideas:
With the move toward a common set of global accounting standards, the International Accounting Standards Board (IASB) has created the International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) to meet this goal.
- Research the IASB, and discuss its structure.
- Provide a brief history for this organization.
- Compare and contrast the differences between principles- and rules-based approaches when setting accounting standards.
- Share what you feel are 2 barriers and 2 benefits that could be encountered with the move toward a single set of accounting standards.
- *citations and references done in APA format