Poetry is a form of writing with a distinctive style and rhythm. Some poetry rhymes….
Buy and Download >
Primary Task Response:Within the Discussion Board area, write 300–500 words that respond to the following questions with your thoughts, ideas, and comments. This will be the foundation for future discussions by your classmates. Be substantive and clear, and use examples to reinforce your ideas.
Poetry is a form of writing with a distinctive style and rhythm. Some poetry rhymes, but there other genres include free-form, narrative, and lyrical poetry.
Choose a topic (e.g., a person, place, or thing), and complete the following:
- Write a poem of 10–20 lines about it.
- Include imagery and sensory language (e.g., sight, sound, smell, touch, and taste).
- Post your poem on the Discussion Board.
In 2–3 paragraphs, discuss the following:
- Describe the process you used to write the poem (e.g., how did you go about choosing the topic?).
- Why did you choose to rhyme or not to rhyme?
- Did you find this easy or difficult to write? Explain your answer.
Responses to Other Students: Respond to at least 2 of your fellow classmates with at least a 100-word reply about their Primary Task Response regarding items you found to be compelling and enlightening. To help you with your discussion, please consider the following questions:
- What did you learn from your classmate's posting?
- What additional questions do you have after reading the posting?
- What clarification do you need regarding the posting?
- What differences or similarities do you see between your posting and other classmates' postings?
For assistance with your assignment, please use your text, Web resources, and all course materials.