Walking through the halls at MM, you ponder the job that lies ahead. Coming out of her office….
Buy and Download >
Primary Task Response:Within the Discussion Board area, write 400-600 words that respond to the following questions with your thoughts, ideas, and comments. This will be the foundation for future discussions by your classmates. Be substantive and clear, and use examples to reinforce your ideas.
Walking through the halls at MM, you ponder the job that lies ahead. Coming out of her office, Michelle spots you and heads in your direction.
"I'm so glad you're here," she says. "Have you settled into your office?"
"Yes," you say. "I'm eager to get started."
Michelle enters your office and takes a seat in a chair. "I'm scheduled to make a presentation to the board at the quarterly meeting next week. I know it's short notice, but I was wondering if you could pull together a 30-minute presentation for them?" she asks.
"What would you like me to present?" you ask.
"As you know, you and Elena have been brought on to revitalize the product line for the company. Your role is to create a winning marketing plan that will allow us to capitalize on the new product that Elena is designing. The board would like you to discuss some of the issues that you will be considering as you develop the marketing plan for the new product. I know they're especially interested in your thoughts on the global market."
"That sounds like a great idea," you say.
Consider the environmental variables (i.e., technological, demographic, economic, political, and cultural variables) that you must include in your marketing plan, and answer the following:
- Which of the environmental factors do you feel is the most critical, and why?
- What might someone with an opposing viewpoint think is the most important?
- Given this opposing argument, how would you argue your opinion?
- What solutions should be considered as you seek to develop a sense of ownership of your plan?
- What solutions would you recommend to the board, and why?
- Is a compromise feasible?
Responses to Other Students:Respond to at least 2 of your fellow classmates with at least a 100-word reply about their Primary Task Response regarding items you found to be compelling and enlightening. To help you with your discussion, please consider the following questions:
- What did you learn from your classmate's posting?
- What additional questions do you have after reading the posting?
- What clarification do you need regarding the posting?
- What differences or similarities do you see between your posting and other classmates' postings?
The materials found in the M.U.S.E. may help you with this assignment. Additional information is also provided in theLessons From Experienceseries found at the following link:
MKTG 630 Library Research Guide The MKTG 630 Library Research guide provides instructions on how to locate research material related to marketing. Students can use this reference as a resource to assist in completing assignments in all units.