Consumer Fundamentals -Segmentation, targeting, positioning, and differentiation (STP/D) are all important in determining
Buy and Download >
Students will be expected to post their first initial discussion board posting by Wednesday of each week. Discussion posts will be graded and late submissions will be assigned a late penalty in accordance with the late penalty policy found in the syllabus. NOTE: All submission posting times are based on midnight Central Time.
Students are expected to post their responses to peers by Sunday. NOTE: All submission posting times are based on midnight Central Time.
Segmentation, targeting, positioning, and differentiation (STP/D) are all important in determining how your customer views the product in the marketplace.
Primary Task Response:Within the Discussion Board area, write 300–400 words that respond to the following questions with your thoughts, ideas, and comments. This will be the foundation for future discussions by your classmates. Be substantive and clear, and use examples to reinforce your ideas.
Complete the following steps for this assignment:
- Select the following link to visit a Web site that is an online demographic tool used to help establish demographics about customer segments: MyBestSegments.
- Key in your zip code.
- Based on this information, discuss with your colleagues the ways in which your company should segment the targeted customer groups to assist with finding advertising appeals and persuading these groups to buy its products.
- Briefly discuss the following in your Discussion Board post:
- Give 2–3 of your findings about your zip code using the Web site.
- How does a tool like this one help identify the target market?
- How can your customer profile be segmented into larger groups? Why would you want to do this?
- Why did you choose this specific target market?
- What 2 ways would you appeal to the buying behaviors of this target market, and why?
- Consider advertising, promotions, contests, and more.