HRMT620-1404B-01 Strategic Human Capital Management
Buy and Download >
Primary Task Response: Within the Discussion Board area, write 400–600 words that respond to the following questions with your thoughts, ideas, and comments. This will be the foundation for future discussions by your classmates. Be substantive and clear, and use examples to reinforce your ideas.
Additional Information: You and Shawn are excited about developing the change initiative with the cross-cultural core team. Shawn is recognized in the field as an expert of change management. He relies on the foundational change management steps and his understanding of human behavior as it relates to the acceptance of change. At the end of the day, in the elevator ride down to the parking garage, you and Shawn talk about implementing change at AGC.
"I'm glad we can work together on developing the change initiative," he says. "Your experience as a consultant for other organizations that needed to change to survive will work well with my background."
"That's what I'm here for," you say. "I know that human beings are likely to react adversely to change, so I've developed some steps that should be addressed to facilitate the implementation of change."
"What about problems?" Shawn asks. "And people who will resist the change? How do we turn negative attitudes around?"
"Those are all good questions," you say. "Would you like me to send you my comments?"
"Yes," he says. "I can review them over the weekend."
"Let me know if you want to discuss anything in more detail," you say.
"Thanks," he says. "I will."
Later that evening, you go over the following list of things you need to share with Shawn:
- Identify the basic steps that Shawn and his team should follow to successfully implement change at AGC.
- What kinds of problems should Shawn and his core team anticipate early in the change process?
- What recommendations can you provide to Shawn and his team to help prepare them for anticipated problems and unanticipated problems?
- What recommendations can you make to help Shawn and the team ensure that the optimization of global human capital management will not be viewed adversely by the employees on this multinational organization?
Responses to Other Students: Respond to at least 2 of your fellow classmates with at least a 100-word reply about their Primary Task Response regarding items you found to be compelling and enlightening. Support your response with academic references from your textbook and reputable websites from which the author’s name may be specifically documented. To help you with your discussion, please consider the following questions:
- •What did you learn from your classmate's posting?
- •What additional questions do you have after reading the posting?
- •What clarification do you need regarding the posting?
- •What differences or similarities do you see between your posting and other classmates' postings?