DNP-801 Week 8 Assignment Empirical Article Submission
Buy and Download >
Max Points: 100 Details:
Empirical research is the foundation to scholarly research and scholarly writing. An empirical article is defined as one that reports actual results of a research study. The article will include a description of the study, an introduction, a research question, an explanation of the study’s methodology, a presentation of the results of the study, and a conclusion that discusses the results and suggests topics for further study. This assignment will help you locate and identify empirical research studies.
Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment:
- Doctoral learners are required to use APA style for their writing assignments. The APA Style Guide is located in the Student Success Center.
- You are not required to submit this assignment to Turnitin.
- Locate, download, and print the "Empirical Research Checklist."
- Locate and read the Library's "Persistent Link Tutorial" which explains inserting persistent links into a Word document.
- Use the "Find Journal Articles" search feature/link found on the home page of the GCU library to locate articles in your field of interest.
- Select at least three articles to read in detail.
- Use the "Empirical Research Checklist" to determine if an article you are reading contains all of the required elements necessary in an empirical study.
- When you locate an article that contains all of the required elements necessary in an empirical study, place the name of the article, the author, and the persistent link of the study into a Word document. This is an exercise in how to create persistent links from the GCU library.