DNP-805 Week 6 Assignment Telehealth
Buy and Download >
Max Points: 120 Details:
Telehealth encompasses a wide range of basic to complex health care delivery options, with an equally expansive array of technologies that may be employed. For this assignment, you will locate a scholarly article published within the last 3 years in a peer-reviewed journal on telehealth. This assignment consists of two parts; Part One requires you to develop and present a two-paragraph assessment comprising a précis and critical evaluation of a scholarly article focusing on a telehealth technology, and the second part requires you to construct a Mind Map to generate ideas about how the telehealth technology you identified can be used in your current practice.
Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment:
- This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
- Doctoral learners are required to use APA style for their writing assignments. The APA Style Guide is located in the Student Success Center.
- This assignment requires that at least two additional scholarly research sources related to this topic, and at least one in-text citation from each source be included.
- You are required to submit this assignment to Turnitin. Refer to the directions in the Student Success Center.
PART I: Précis and Critical Evaluation.
Donald Davidson, in his book, American Composition and Rhetoric, discusses the précis as follows:
"A précis is not an outline, but a summary or digest. It is useful as an exercise in grasping the essential ideas of an already completed composition and in stating these ideas in concentrated form. The précis shears away all elaborations of the thought and gives only what is left, in such a way as to make the summary a complete composition. It does not, therefore, skeletonize the original composition so much as it reduces its scale. Many of the articles in The Reader's Digest are only précis, so skillfully done that the average reader does not know that he is reading a summary. Since the précis says a great deal within a brief space, it is of great service in taking notes on library assignments and general reading."
The précis should be an organization of ideas, include logical sequencing of points, contain clear and meaningful expression, and use language suitable to the situation. When finished, the précis should clearly state:
- A statement of what was studied (i.e., argued, discussed, deliberated).
- A statement of focus of the scholarly article you selected, (i.e., how it was organized and completed).
- A statement of what information was identified or learned from the scholarly article.
- A statement of why the information in the article is important to your field of study.
PART II: Mind Map.
Brainstorm to generate ideas about how the telehealth technology you identified can be used in your current practice using a mind map. Submit the final map along with the précis to the Topic drop box.
How to do it:
- Take a sheet(s) of paper and write an identifiable main idea in the center of the page, using a one-three words. (You may also achieve this via an electronic sheet of "paper").
- Draw a branch off your main idea; on the branch write or draw a main topic related to your main idea.
- Continue to branch off from your main idea with main topics as needed.
- From your main topics, branch off with subtopics.
- From your subtopics, branch off with supporting details (write and/or draw). Continue to add more details. You are free to add more topics, subtopics, or any other items.
- When you stand back and survey your work, you should see a map: hence the name for this activity. At this point you can start to form conclusions about how to approach a potential area of practice change. At the end of the day, what you do with the particular "map" or "cluster set" or "web" that you produce depends on what you need.
Submit both the précis and the final mind map in fulfillment of this assignment.