Analyze Software Development Projects to Recommend Processes to Mitigate Negative Outcomes
Buy and Download >
** The instructions must be followed exactly as written. 5 to 7 pages are required. In addition to the 5 to 7 pages an Abstract must be included. At least 5 sources must be used as well following APA guidelines.
Research at least two occurrences where software failure was attributable to a lapse in testing. Evaluate ethical issues faced by technology companies and professionals in making trade-offs between software development projects and business demands. In your paper, be sure to:
- Determine whether the trade-offs that were made were ethical.
- Determine how much quality is sacrificed in each occurrence so that software can be created quickly within deadline expectations.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the methodologies in place to protect the company’s business interests while still meeting project deadlines.
- Discuss whether the Y2K software issue should be included a testing issue.
- Provide recommendations for addressing these issues in order for IT professionals to maintain ethical standards.
Support your paper with a minimum of five (5) scholarly resources. In addition to these specified resources, other appropriate scholarly resources, including older articles, may be included. Length: 5-7 pages not including title and reference pages Your paper should demonstrate thoughtful consideration of the ideas and concepts that are presented in the course and provide new thoughts and insights relating directly to this topic. Your response should reflect scholarly writing and current APA standards.