Implications of Regulation in Nursing Services
Buy and Download >
Top of Form
Write a 2- to 3-page paper in which you address the following:
- Describe Nursing Services in terms of how regulated it currently is.
- Do you think this current state of regulation is appropriate? Why or why not? What problems have arisen because of regulation or the lack thereof?
- What specific proposals do you have to increase, decrease, or otherwise modify regulation or government involvement within this submarket? What should the government's role be in addressing issues of concern? What would be some potential consequences of these solutions?
- Who would most benefit from this change? Who might suffer negative consequences?
Your written assignment must follow APA guidelines. Be sure to support your work with specific citations from this week's Learning Resources and additional scholarly sources as appropriate. Refer to the Pocket Guide to APA Style to ensure your in-text citations and reference list are correct.
SOURCES THAT CAN BE USED WHERE NECESSARY
- Course Media: Health Policy and Economics
- "The Role of Government in Health Care Markets" (Dr. Gerald Kominski and Dr. David Nash) This media segment examines the need for government intervention in health care delivery and financing.
- Course Text: Health Economics and Financing
- Chapter 14, "The Role of Government and Public Goods" This chapter explores the government's role in regulating health care. Focus on the concept of market failure and the conditions that create the need for government intervention. In what ways is health care an example of a market failure that requires government regulation? This chapter also describes the characteristics of public goods. What makes something a public good and why is this relevant to health care?
- Course Text: Essentials of Health Policy and Law
- Chapter 8, "Health Economics in a Health Policy Context" (pp. 155-158 only; read from "Public Goods" to the end of the chapter.)