HCA 240 Week 4 Assignment Blood Disorders
Buy and Download >
Assignment: Blood Disorders • Resources: Ch. 8 of Human Diseases, the WebMD® Web site at http://www.webmd.com, and the drkoop® Web site at http://www.drkoop.com • Due Date: Day 7 [Individual] forum • Read each of the following three scenarios:
- Amy, a 4-year-old Caucasian female, has been complaining of being tired all thetime. She is pale and a picky eater. Her mother is a single mom with a small budget to feed a large family. Amy only eats pasta, breads, and hot dogs, and drinks onlyartificial fruit punch.
- Marcus is a 5-year-old African-American male who has just moved to New York City, and is visiting his new pediatrician for a kindergarten physical. His mom tells the nurse that she carries the “trait” and wants Marcus screened for it.
- Richard has noted over the past several weeks that he is having more bruises, or ecchymosis, all over his body. After coughing this morning, he noticed tiny red marks all around his eyes.
HCA 240 Health and Diseases Course Syllabus Page 18
- Use Ch. 8 of the text to identify the blood disorder each of the three patients are at riskfor. Base your identifications upon symptoms, lifestyle, or family history.
- Visit the WebMD® and drkoop® Web sites to research each of the three blood disorders.
- Each site has a search bar to help target your research. Use one additional Internet source for a total of three sources.
Write a 700- to 1,000-word paper in APA format that gives details about each of the three conditions.
- Iclude a description of the cause of the disorder, how it can be diagnosed, what can be done to treat it, and how to prevent it in the future.
- Post your paper as a Microsoft® Word attachment