Evolution occurs in all living organisms from the smallest bacterial cells to the most…..
Buy and Download >
Evolution occurs in all living organisms from the smallest bacterial cells to the most complex animals. In bacterial cells evolution occurs rapidly in response to environmental pressures due to their simple genome and rapid reproduction rates. In this assignment you will explore the evolution in bacterial cells in relation to the development of resistance to antibiotic drugs.
Choosea bacterium that has become resistant to multiple antibiotics. Consult the resources for additional information.
Createa multimedia presentation wherein you address the following points:
- Give a brief overview of the chosen bacterium including the genus and species. What disease(s) does the bacterium cause in humans?
- Briefly explain how the bacterium has evolved to become resistant to antibiotics.
- How is natural selection involved in the development of antibiotic resistance in bacteria?
- How do antibiotics reduce bacterial biodiversity?
- Given what you have learned, how do you think the medical community should address the problem of antibiotic resistance?
Includeappropriate pictures with citations. Include academic references in APA format.
Examples of multimedia presentation tools include the following:
- Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentations of at least 10- to 15-slides with detailed speaker notes (these should be similar to what would be stated in an oral presentation).
- Prezi™ presentations.
- For other possibilities, please discuss with your facilitator.