Assignment 1- Information Needs for the AIS
Buy and Download >
Due Week 2 and worth 200 points
For this assignment, research the Internet or Strayer databases for information related to improper assumptions concerning accounting information systems.
Write a five to seven (5-7) page paper in which you:
- Based on your research, assess how corporate leaders may make improper assumptions related to accounting information systems and the related information. Indicate the most negative potential impacts on business operations related to these assumptions. Provide support for your rationale.
- Suggest three to four (3-4) ways in which organizational performance may be improved when information is properly managed within a business system. Provide support for your rationale.
- Evaluate the level of system security (i.e., high, medium, low) needed to ensure information integrity within automated business systems. Provide support for your evaluation.
- Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Examine and use data flow diagrams and flowcharts to understand, evaluate, and design information systems.
- Evaluate the approaches and techniques that are used to commit and prevent computer fraud.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in accounting information systems.
- Write clearly and concisely about accounting information systems using proper writing mechanics.