IDS 403 Final Project Milestone Two
Buy and Download >
Guidelines and Rubric:
Final Project Outline
Overview and Prompt
For your final presentation, due in Module Eight, you will devise a plan of action for addressing a local or global technology issue of your choice. In Module Three, you will be submitting a presentation outline for this project.
Your assignment is to submit a 2- to 3-page outline of the presentation you will give as part of your final project. Think of it as a script with notes to help add context to the points you will be making. It need not include complete sentences or paragraphs, but it should contain enough detail to allow your instructor to offer you some feedback. While you may organize the outline however you choose, be sure to address the following:
For this part of the assessment, you will examine the role of technology in society and how it influences aspects of culture and the individual. You will explore a topic that has been discussed in this course (technology as control, identity, gender, class systems, etc.) to help guide your analysis.
- social practiceshave shaped technology and how technology has begun to shape social practices. In other words, how has technology changed the everyday operations in modern societies?
- force for social change.
- discipline of studyor area of interest. In other words, look at the influence of technology through the lens of your discipline.
- usage of technologythrough an interdisciplinary lens.
- positive and negative aspectsassociated with a topic that has been discussed in this course through an interdisciplinary lens.
- societal issues.
For this part of the assessment, you will introduce the issue and how it relates to technology and any of the topics that have been discussed in the course.
- social or global issuethat is related to technology.
- target populationof the issue.
- topicthat has been discussed in this course.
- impactingthe target population.
- predicthow the chosen issue will change or will not change in the future. Be sure to justify your prediction.
For this part of the assessment, you will offer recommendations and a plan to improve the issue, and strategies for implementing your plan.
- recommendationsfor how the current issue could be addressed so that it no longer adversely affects the target population.
- current technology could be utilized to address the chosen issue.
- implementyour plan through an interdisciplinary lens.
- benefitsof your plan and justify why your plan would be preferable. Be sure to support your justification with relevant research or individual perspectives.