MGT 599 Week 9 Project Deliverable 4 - The Organization’s Response to Change
Buy and Download >
Due Week 9 and worth 150 points
From the same case that you have chosen for Deliverables 1 to 3, you will advise the CEO on how best to position his organization to be responsive to change in order to take advantage of the strategies you have recommended.
Write a six to eight (6-8) page paper in which you:
- Give your opinion as to whether your chosen company’s industry is maturing or declining, based on its evolution history. Justify your answer.
- Use Porter’s National Diamond to evaluate the relative main advantages and disadvantages of vertical integration versus outsourcing for the company. Support your response.
- Use the Boston Consulting Group’s growth-share matrix to evaluate the company’s strategic position as of 2013. Note: Refer to Figure 14.2 “The BCG Growth-share Matrix”, located on page 369, chapter 14 of the textbook.
- Suggest one (1) approach for the CEO to adopt in order to implement the strategies that you recommended in Project Deliverable 3. Include the main changes in decision-making style, main changes in planning structure, and measures of success in your recommendation. Provide a rationale for your response.
- Use at least three (3) quality references. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
($45.00 – only have to write 2-3 pages and add to the rest of the previous papers and power point)
Due Week 10 and worth 180 points
This assignment consists of two (2) sections: a final capstone project plan and a closing process PowerPoint presentation. You must submit both sections as separate files for the completion of this assignment. Label each file name according to the section of the assignment it is written for.
Section 1: Final Capstone Project Plan
You are now in the final stage of the capstone project development. All previous documentation should be combined into one (1) document that will serve as the statement of work for the project. Your goal is to have the CEO of your chosen company and his leadership team approve your strategy recommendations. The presentation should be very detailed in order to address potential concerns and provide support your recommendations. However, the executive team is only interested in a thirty (30) minute summation. Therefore, you also must create a compelling executive summary that is supported by your detail that convinces the executive team that it should move forward with your recommendation.
- Develop a twenty to thirty (20-30) page project plan in which you:
Section 2: Closing Process PowerPoint Presentation
In addition to your detailed executive summary, you must present your findings to the executive team and the venture capital group that along with the executive summary will convince everyone that your solution is optimal.
Your PowerPoint must have speaker notes and these speaker notes must be written as if you were presenting this project to your client. A template is provided for your use. You can modify the template based on your professor’s instructions. Do not omit any information from the template because the information aligns with the rubric. Note: The template can be found here.
Your presentation must follow these formatting requirements:
- Use the PowerPoint presentation template that can be found in the online course shell. Your professor will inform you if the template can be modified.
- Provide a references slide. The Reference Slide must follow APA format.
- Create Speaker Notes to accompany each slide that emphasize and embellish the key points to the stakeholders. Please be clear and thorough as if you are actually presenting.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the need for strategy and methods for developing a business strategy within an organization.
- Apply analytical, technical, and research skills to assess and measure the value of organizations.
- Examine competitive analysis strategies through the use of frameworks.
- Determine competitive advantage strategies that fit an organization.
- Assess methodologies and approaches to adapting organizations for the changing strategic environment.
- Analyze competitive forces across dynamic and mature environments.
- Assess value creation strategies by using a framework adaptable to the strategic environment (e.g., vertical integration, global strategy, and multinational corporation) that an organization operates in.
- Analyze strategies for exerting the internal leadership needed to drive the implementation of diversification and corporate strategic initiatives in order to improve operating excellence.
- Assess external growth strategies and the trends in strategic management in a competitive environment.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues related to business strategic management.
- Write clearly and concisely about topics related to business strategic management using proper writing mechanics and technical style conventions