JWI 515 Week 9 Assignment 3 -Final Project – Industry and Company Analysis (Weight: 25%)
Buy and Download >
Due by Sunday, Midnight of Week 9
All of your hard work and relentless efforts have paid off! Your company’s main product or service is doing better than expected. In fact, you will be meeting next month with a group of investors and the company’s Board of Directors to secure an infusion of $100 million in new capital to significantly expand operations. To prepare for your presentation, you need to conduct a thorough and honest evaluation of your company and its products or services.
Write a 7-9 page paper in which you address the following topics:
- Market sector and industry
- Market structure—pure competition, monopoly, monopsony, or oligopoly
- Major products and/or services
- Elasticity and the factors that affect their supply and demand
- Other economic characteristics, such as utility, type of good, etc.
- Noneconomic forces that impact sales and profitability, such as weather, business cycles, technology releases, or regulations.
- Analyze your industry using Porter’s “Five Forces” framework.
- Classify each force as weak, strong, or neutral.
- Why did you choose that classification?
- How can your company best leverage this information?
- Present information on pricing practices—basic and discriminatory.
- What are the more common pricing practices utilized by your company and/or within its industry?
- What types of discrimination options are not being used, but could be implemented?
© Strayer University. All Rights Reserved. This document contains Strayer University confidential and proprietary information and may not be copied, further distributed, or otherwise disclosed, in whole or in part, without the expressed written permission of Strayer University. This course guide is subject to change based on the needs of the class.
JWMI 515 (1174) Page 1 of 5
JWI 515: Managerial Economics
- Macroeconomic drivers—Using GUIDES, choose one indicator that poses the greatest external concern and one indicator that poses a reassurance. Explain why.
- Given the above investigation into your company and its industry, what type of outlook (favorable/unfavorable) can your investors expect over the short-term (5-7 years) horizon? Explain why.
- What type of outlook (favorable/unfavorable) can investors expect over the long-term (8+ years) horizon? Explain why.