BUS330 Week 2 - Discussion 2 - Gender as Market Niche
Buy and Download >
Gender as Market Niche
Market niches: Digital Show and Tell
Brands carve out niches in the marketplace by targeting a specific audience. And two of the most powerful tools a marketer has for making their target feel the brand is "for them" is how they position and package their Product and how they make use of Place — relative to both physical and virtual places of business.
You're going to select either the male targeted Sport Clips (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. (a retail hair cuttery) or the female targeted Sister Snog (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. (a London business social network) and describe how they target through the use of place and product. And while words are great, pictures are worth a thousand of 'em, so we're going to do digital show and tell using a cool new website annotation tool called BounceApp.
- Check out our sample annotated web page (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. for a high-end pet boutique.
- Mouse over highlighted areas to view associated commentary.
- Pick one of the two brands and visit their website
- Screen capture and annotate the webpage using BounceApp (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.
- Post your annotated webpage link to the discussion forum below.
- In the post title identify whether you picked Sport Clips or Sister Snog.
- In the body of post, provide your BounceApp page link. See example.
- Explore annotations for the brand you didn't pick. Respond to three of your peers, at least one of which must be for the brand you didn’t pick. Comment on market niche strategies that those brands used/failed to use in promoting their website. Then answer this:
- Which brand do you think uses product and place more effectively to differentiate itself? Cite at least one reason why relative to both product and place.
- Feel free to pick a different "winner" for product versus place.