BUS330 Week 4 - Discussion 2 - Foreign Market Entry Podcast
Buy and Download >
Foreign Market Entry Podcast
As you are likely aware, your internship brand doesn’t just do business in the U.S. So, in this interactivity, we’re going to research their past entry into a foreign market. But rather than writing about it, we’re going to talk about it — by creating a short podcast.
- First identify the countries your mentor marketer does business in. Or did. Check out the corporate website. Or the latest annual report.
- Then search your brand in business periodicals such as Forbes in conjunction with country names or terms like “foreign” or “international.” See which markets have been written about and select one.
- When did your mentor marketer enter this foreign market?
- What specific challenges did entering this market present? (e.g., cultural norms, language barriers, local competition, government regulations, economic conditions, etc.). Identify at least three.
- What changes were made to the marketing formula in entering this market? What other changes were needed? Cite at least three examples, linking each one to a marketing "p." You can repeat "Ps" more than once.
- How successful was the entry into this market? Is the brand still in the market?
- Try to explore different types of sources (periodicals, videos, annual report, etc.). Tap the Forbes archive and other Ashford University resources as needed.
- As you will be creating a podcast, in-line citations are not required, but you will need to document your sources.
- Be sure to introduce yourself and identify your mentor marketer and the relevant market before answering the questions above.
- SoundCloud provides the means to record and share a link for free.
- Consult our step-by-step Creating Your Soundcloud Recording tutorial.
- Which P do you think was the most important factor in the failure or success of the market entry they described? Why?
I Need Help! I Can Help!
Got questions about foreign market entry, SoundCloud or this assignment? Or maybe a helpful tip to share? Please post to our week 4 help forum, so others can benefit!