EXP105_G30 Week 5 - Final Assignment
Buy and Download >
The primary goal of your last assignment is to reflect on what you have learned about yourself as a learner as a result of this class and how you will use this knowledge to succeed in future courses. Reflecting on your thoughts, actions and feelings and making appropriate connections will help you plan for your future success.
You may view a written transcript of this video or click the "CC" button on the video player above.
Review the video EXP105 – Author’s final thoughts (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.(above) and the “Model Final Assignment” document (below). Use the sample as a guide to complete your own.
Click to view a Model Final Assignment, use the sample as a guide to complete your own.
Then, in a five-paragraph essay that is two to three pages in length, please address the following:
- Paragraph 1: How would you explain the concept of learning to someone who has not taken this class? In Week 1 you were asked to define the term learning. Review the explanations given in the textbook and look back at your original definition. Compare that definition with what you know now. What would you change or add to your original response? How has your view of learning changed as a result of this class?
- Paragraph 2: List your Learning Patterns and describe how you used them to your advantage to be successful in this course. What strategies did you use to complete readings, discussions, assignments, and quizzes? Connect each strategy with the corresponding Learning Pattern(s).
- Paragraph 3: Describe the challenges that you may face in the online classroom due to your unique combination of Learning Patterns. How will you self-regulate your Learning Patterns to overcome these challenges and what strategies and resources will you use to be a more intentional learner in future courses?
- Paragraph 4: Imagine you are applying for your dream job. The interviewer says, "I see you've taken EXP 105.” Explain to the interviewer the three most important things you learned in the course and how your knowledge of those concepts can help you in the work environment. In other words, what will you bring to the table as a future employee?
- Paragraph 5: Reflect on the past five weeks and describe what you enjoyed most about this class and what you would change about the class. What were your expectations when you began this course? Considering the course content, online learning platform, and interactions with your peers and instructor, were your expectations met? Why, or why not?
This assignment must be double spaced, written in Times New Roman 12-pt. font, and submitted to Waypoint as a Microsoft Word document.
Things to consider before submitting to Waypoint:
- Topics: Did the response address the topics described in the assignment instructions?
- Paragraph construction: Was the response written in organized, well-developed paragraphs?
- Length: Was the response five paragraphs, as specified in the assignment instructions?
- Formatting: Was the response submitted as a Microsoft Word document, written in Times New Roman 12-pt. font, and double-spaced?
- Double check: Did you double check spelling, grammar, formatting, punctuation, and organization?
Late Policy: Waypoint assignments (Personal Learning Profile, journals, final assignment) are due on the specified days in the course. Waypoint assignments will be subject to a late penalty of up to 10% per day up to three days late. If Waypoint assignments are submitted after 72 hours past the due date, instructors can give a penalty up to and including a grade of 0 for the assignment.
Watch Introduction to Waypoint (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. for instructions on how to upload to Waypoint and verify your submission went through.