Written Assignments in this course will build on each other. For example, the written…
Buy and Download >
Written Assignments in this course will build on each other. For example, the written assignment this week builds on the written assignment from Week 2. It is important to read the feedback provided along with your grade on each assignment. Paying attention to the feedback and incorporating suggested changes into the next assignment will help you develop a strong marketing plan and insure a better grade.
Write a 3-page paper that covers the following points:
- Describe the primary target audience for your social marketing program in terms of size, problem incidence and severity, and relevant variables. You may include demographics, psychographics/values and lifestyles, geographics, and related behaviors.
- Describe any additional important audiences that you will need to influence as well.
- Develop at least 1 specific behavior objective that describes what you want the audience to do as a result of your social marketing program. NOTE: the authors of this textbook use ‘objectives’ to describe broad desired outcomes and ‘goals’ to describe specific, measurable desired outcomes that are used for evaluation. This is the opposite way that these two terms are normally used in public health.
- Develop any knowledge objective(s) that describes what the audience will need to know in order to perform the desired behavior. If there are no relevant knowledge objectives for your program, explain why.
- Develop any belief objective(s) that describes what the audience will need to believe in order to perform the desired behavior. If there are no relevant belief objectives for your program, explain why.
- Develop quantifiable, measurable goals for each of the objectives you developed. There should be at least one goal for each objective but you may have more. Remember that the goals need to be measurable because they will form the basis for the evaluation portion of the plan.
Worksheets A and B on pages 518 and 519 may be helpful as you complete the requirements of this assignment. (Lee & Kotler, 2016)
Use APA format for both the layout of the paper and the references you use. Use reference from credible sources to support the points you are making. It will be helpful to use the words in bold from the list of assignment requirements as headings in your paper to make sureyou’ve covered all of the requirements.
Note that the maximum number of pages listed for the assignment not including the title page or list of references will be read.
Lee, N. &Kotler, P. (2016). Social marketing: Changing behaviors for good(5th ed.). Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publication