BSM 2701, Sociology of Sport Unit IV Essay
Buy and Download >
Using the CSU Online Library, locate two selections on sports and politics events or two selections on sports and religion events. Depending on the events you have chosen (sports/politics or sports/religion), ensure that there are two opposing viewpoints (similarities and differences) to review. Write a two-page report summarizing the events and identify the similarities and differences. Below are some possible questions for your essay:
- Who was involved?
- What were the key points/arguments?
- Were these points valid and/or logical?
- How did politics/religion play a role?
- What was the outcome?
- Did the outcome involve issues of money and power?
- How did this affect sports?
- Did the decision lead to better management of sport or sport play? If so, in what way?
- Which views do you support? Why?
- Which views do you refute? Why?
You will be expected to follow APA style and format for this paper. Include the following elements in your essay:
- Title page: Include the assignment title, the name of the school, and your name.
- Introduction: Provide a brief introduction of your selections and the connection to the topic.
- Body: Use headers where appropriate.
- Section comparing and contrasting first selection (similarities/differences)
- Section comparing and contrasting second selection (similarities/differences)
- Conclusion: Provide a brief conclusion wrapping up the elements of the selections and how they relate to the chapter topic.
- Reference page: Include a reference page that lists the sources in proper APA format. If you also used content from the textbook, be sure to include this as a source in your reference page as well. It is important that you provide the reader with enough information about your article so he or she will be able to locate the article.
Your essay should be a minimum of two pages, not counting title and reference pages. Use APA format for your paper, including all references and in-text citations.
Information about accessing the grading rubric for this assignment is provided below.