BSM 2801, Sport Marketing Unit I PowerPoint Presentation
Buy and Download >
Create a 7-10 slide presentation on the sports and the entertainment industries. You may use various sources, including your textbook. Be sure to cite any sources used in a reference slide with proper APA formatting. (Cover and reference slides are not included in the count). You may also use the slide notes function to explain slide contents as necessary.
Be sure to include the following information in your presentation:
- Develop a definition of sports marketing and then discuss how your definition represents, or lacks elements of, the text definition.
- Include the definitions of sports and associations with non-sports products. Review the basic marketing principles, as well as describing what is meant by a sports product.
- Discuss the relationship between sports and the entertainment industry.
- Develop a list of examples that link sports and entertainment. (This is a good way to explore the sports industry and its similarities and differences to other forms of entertainment.)
- Give an example of a sports organization that practices a marketing orientation and why you think it does.
In the last slide (before “References” slide) you MUST choose a client for the strategic sports marketing process written report due in unit VIII.
You will be constructing a strategic marketing plan for an outside client. Some example clients may be local high school athletic programs, college or university athletic programs, local sporting events or festivals, or local sports businesses.
This slide will indicate your topic for professor approval.
Information about accessing the Blackboard Grading Rubric for this assignment is provided below.