MBA 5652 Unit V Assignment
Buy and Download >
For the Unit V Assignment, students are to complete the following areas of the Methods section for the Research Proposal:
- Method/Research Procedure/Methodology: Determine the method of research for the proposal. Examples could be: qualitative, quantitative, and case study. See page 271 of your textbook.
NOTE: The information in the textbook on methodology is written in past tense; however, be sure that you write in future tense for the proposal. (Estimated length – two paragraphs)
- Participants: Provide specific identification for the proposed participants for the study. Include a description, the possible number within the population, the proposed location, and the selection procedure. Be specific when identifying the selection process. Then identify how a representative sample will be drawn from the population. (Refer to Chapter 4, pages 89-102, for examples.) (Estimated length – half a page)
- Research Design: Determine how to conduct the data collection and the proposed analysis. See page 15 of your textbook. (Estimated length – half a page)
- Instrumentation and Data Collection Plans: State the sources and/or instrument(s) proposed to be used to record the data (surveys, interview protocols). Identify the procedure. For a mailed survey, identify steps to be taken in administering and following up the survey to obtain a high response rate. Determine how to specifically conduct the research based on the proposed sample. See page 149 of the textbook. (Estimated length – half a page)
Identify what results are expected from the sample. Identify how the categories of responses will be determined and analyzed. Address specifically what the proposed results could infer back to the population. Answer the following questions:
- What variables will be included in the analyses?
- Identify the dependent and independent variables if such a relationship exists.
- What is the decision making criteria (e.g., the critical alpha level)?
- Will computer software be used in the analysis? If so, identify what will be used.
- Explain how to assess the validity of the measurement.
- Explain how to measure the reliability of the variables.
See page 155 of the textbook.
Each part of this assignment should be submitted in one document.