PSY 402 Topic 2 Brain and Nervous System Presentation
Buy and Download >
Details: Create a PowerPoint presentation (9-12 slides) that outlines the basic functions of the brain and nervous system. Be sure to address the following issues in your presentation:
- Brain: Illustrate the major lobes of the brain as well as the areas in the sub-cortex. A brief description of the function of each component should be included.
- Show the gross anatomy of the brain.
- Show both the neurons and various types of glial cells.
- Identify the structure of a neuron.
- Nervous System: Illustrate the major components of the nervous system (Central/Peripheral, Autonomic/Somatic, and Sympathetic/Parasympathetic). Also, include the basic functions of each section, along with the basic functions of neurons.
- Show the gross anatomy of the nervous system
- Show synaptic transmission
- Explain what happens to cells during an action potential
Speaker notes, of 50-75 words, are required for each slide. The title and reference slide do not count toward the total slide count.
You are required to use a minimum of four to six scholarly resources.
While APA style is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected, and in-text citations and references should be presented using APA documentation guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. Please refer to the directions in the Student Success Center.