PSC-450 Week 1 Benchmark - Retail Store Major Project Proposal
Buy and Download >
You currently work for a retail store that carries basic household goods, some groceries, and health and beauty products. The store is located in the small community (approximately 5,000 total residents) in which you live and is looking to expand its operations in some way.
For this assignment, you are required to develop a major project proposal to be undertaken by your employer. You may decide to expand your product offerings or open an additional store in an adjacent community, for example.
You may use figure 2.4A and B in chapter 2 of your textbook as a general outline of what your proposal should entail. Your project proposal must include the following components:
- Project title
- Project manager (yourself)
- Problem definition or project rationale: Describe the problem or opportunity for improvement.
- Goal definition: Describe the project goals.
- Objective definition: Quantify the savings or benefits you expect from completing this project. How much will it cost (hours, materials, methods, equipment, etc.)? Estimate how long the project will take to complete.
- Resources: Identify the resources necessary to complete the project.
- Risk analysis: Identify the major risks associated with undertaking this project. How likely is it that these risks will occur? How will the project be impacted if these risks occur?
Refer to "The Retail Store" for additional information about your organization.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a grading rubric. Instructors will be using the rubric to grade the assignment; therefore, students should review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the assignment criteria and expectations for successful completion of the assignment.
You are not required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite, unless otherwise directed by your instructor. If so directed, refer to the Student Success Center for directions. Only Word documents can be submitted to LopesWrite.