NUR 514 Week 3 Implementing Change With an Interprofessional Approach Presentation
Buy and Download >
In a complex and fast-paced healthcare environment, change is inevitable and constant. The advanced practice nurse is required to lead and adapt to the constant changing environment while working with multidisciplinary teams. Imagine you are assigned by your director to work with a multidisciplinary team that is assisting with transition from the current paper record-based system to an electronic health record (EHR).
Create a PowerPoint presentation (10-15 slides) in which you will assess the situation and the steps that should be taken to successfully implement the change. Be sure to include 100-250 word presenter’s notes per slide. Your presentation should address the following:
- Describe the driving forces that relate to the need for implementing electronic health records.
- Identify the key interprofessional stakeholders (both internal and external) that should be involved in change efforts.
- Outline how you would initiate the change and be a change advocate. Utilizing change theory and innovative models of care, explain how you would provide a structure for the planned change to achieve successful implementation of the EHR.
- Demonstrate how the change will affect current workflows. What revised workflow would you implement?
- Identify resources (human, time, material, etc.) required for implementation.
- Identify risks within the implementation plan. What are the impacts of the poor planning on cost, quality, and safety?
- Identify potential barriers when implementing the change and discuss how you will handle resistance.
Integrate 3-5 scholarly sources into your presentation.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite.