PSY 4501, Unit VII Assignment
Buy and Download >
Creating and Utilizing Graphs to Display Data
Follow the below instructions:
- Go to https://www.samhsa.gov/data/sites/default/files/NSDUHresultsPDFWHTML2013/Web/NSDUHresults2013.pdf to review how data is represented in the 2013 National Survey on Drug Use and Health: Summary of National Findings.
- Create your own graph based on the information found within the tables on pp. 107-112 of the National Survey (Tables 8.1-8.6). Choose data from the tables that you think should be clarified or would be better suited in a graph. You do not have to use all the data that is presented in the tables.
- The purpose of this activity is to practice representing your data graphically, so make sure your graph is readable and in a format that is easily understandable.
- Explain what the data represents in your graph (hint: the verbiage underneath the tables in the national survey is a great example).
- In approximately one page, discuss how central tendency, confidence interval, and normal distribution might be utilized by a researcher utilizing this data.
Information about accessing the Blackboard Grading Rubric for this assignment is provided below.