Research the employee competencies which a company (entity) defines for their employees, as focus...
Buy and Download >
Research the employee competencies which a company (entity) defines for their employees, as focus areas to demonstrate and develop. The company/entity can be a ‘for profit’ firm, company, government agency, not for profit, university or another entity.
The objective of the assignment is to learn what a company/entity identifies as critical competencies (could also be described as employee behaviors, values) for development and ultimately success of an employee. In addition, to learn how a company's competencies align with the success of the company. This provides you with insights aligned with the main purposes of the course. Some companies utilize competencies in their interview process. One HR resource states: "A clearly defined competency-based selection process can aid in recruiting, demonstrate fairness, encourage diversity and simplify the process of filling new openings."
In your written submission, a minimum of 2 pages (APA sytle), include the following:
- The company/entity name (or company type/industry if the information is confidential).
- The type of company (above categorizations or similar) and number of employees (range is acceptable).
- List the competencies and defining information, including:
- descriptive information for each competency
- what are the expectations of the company for the competency and how do they communicate
- the employee’s opportunities to develop skills for the competencies
- define the employee rating or assessment processes for the competencies (development goals, assessment system, etc.)
- Provide your perspective on the effectiveness of the competencies to aid employee’s in their career success and why.
Paper will be graded on the following: